Hi there! Since 2 years I speak about the studies made by colleagues. Dear colleagues, would you not be interested in speaking about your study yourself? It is very easy: you write the post, you send it to me at contact at planetary-mechanics dot com, and I put it online! Do not forget that The Planetary Mechanics Blog is not monetized AT ALL, so do not expect any reward.
Who can write an article?
Well, if you recently authored a paper related to planetology in the Solar System, then you are free to speak about it in the Planetary Mechanics Blog. Just prove me that the study has been accepted for publication . In case of doubt, contact me before writing the blog article.
Structure of an article
Very easy, just do as I did!
- Take your time to present the context to a large audience,
- introduce the methodology,
- give the results,
- tell us why it is interesting,
- finish with some links.
The links should at least point to the study, and to the websites of the authors, when they exist. One of the goals of this blog is to promote the scientists. Please provide an image as well. The overall length of the paper should be between 1,000 and 2,000 words, but I can be flexible.
- Take the time to explain the context
- Give titles to your paragraph
- Be more specific than “Results” or “Methods”, or “Context”
- Avoid passive forms (I don’t know why, but it is not advised)
- Provide images (it makes reading more enjoyable)
- Write in proper English (I know it is difficult, not being a native speaker myself)